Thursday, September 18, 2008

"Lions for Lambs"


After watching "Lions for Lambs" I feel kind of inspired. The teacher in the movie seemed to truly care for his students. He saw potential in a student that perhaps other teachers would not, and he acted on it. I want to be able to do that. I of course want to encourage all of my students, but I really want to be able to pay close attention to the students who are struggling. The teacher in the movie was also able to find a way to relate to the student, keep him thinking, and also challenged him a bit. All of this is important in a teacher. I took away from "Lions for Lams" an understanding of what some aspects of a good teacher are.

1 comment:

bdepperson said...

I think we're hearing with increasing frequency the importance of especially helping the students who seem to be problematic- in reality they just need a way to vent their frustrations.