Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Chalk and Wire/Licensure Lecture


Attending the Chalk and Wire/Licensure Lecture really opened my eyes to all that is involved as an education minor. I think that it isn't necessary for undergraduates to take two standardized tests in order to get licensed. I know that society wants teachers who are proficient, but I believe that if someone can get into a college and be successful in college, they don't need to take two standardized tests.

Even though I think that the standardized tests aren't necessary, I do believe that chalk and wire is a great tool. It seems pretty simple, and I will be able to easily bring up items for my portfolio.

I realize now that I really need to start planning in the future. I should start thinking about student teaching, I need to turn in my application for the education department, and the list goes on. I am glad we had this lecture, because it was very informative and helpful.

2 comments:

hannahbb said...

yes.need to start planning for the future... me too.

bdepperson said...

It seems that teaching is all about planning ahead- we best start early, while we're still students learning about teaching!